Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 34 July 15th

Bryn Mawr to Denver
It was a pretty long day but I'm not exhausted while writing this at midnight mountain time. I saw Harry Potter last night/ this morning and Christine drove me to the airport to catch my flight at 5:30. I got to the airport pretty late and i couldn't check my boxes since i was within the 45 min before take off. But i was bumped to a direct flight to Denver that was going to get me there about 15 minutes later than the one i was scheduled to take when u include the connection. The flight was great and i got a window so i was able to lean against that and sleep most of the way. I left the airport around 11:30 mountain time. It must have been pretty strange to see someone pull a bike out of some boxes, assemble it in the curbside check in area, and ride off out of the airport. I forgot my phone charger but hopefully my parents will be able to bring it when they meet me in Jackson Hole.
It took me a while to get to the other side of Denver because the airport is pretty far outside town and it was confusing riding in a different city. Plus i had to wait over 20 minutes for a train to pass. I called it quits on the western side of Denver and spent the night in a hotel. The hotel was able to help me find a bike shop close by where i could get some tubes and other things i would need. I got Quedoba for diner on the walk back and it was the only thing i ate since the banana i had before with Christine for the airport but i wasnt as hungry as you would expect. The camelbak Libby gave me got some mold in the tube from just sitting in the garage for the last month so i got some bleach and tried to clean it out.
Parts of the day were pretty upsetting for me. My heart really isnt in it this time. I even thought about calling home and saying that i would be coming back after Yellowstone. But i think if i just give it some time and get back into the routine and the scenery gets better.
I should be going over a major pass tomorrow, over 11,000 feet, and im not sure how far it is to Granby but i know there are a few campsites along the way.

1 comment:

  1. The mold will make you stronger Drew! You'll get through it and I insist you see Oregon =) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete