Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 38th July 19th

Muddy Gap to Lander
I woke up and left by 6:30 since I was so uncomfortable on the ground but I was finished pretty early. The ride started out pretty flat with rolling hills. I passed Split Rock which I remember from the game Oregon Trail. I got breakfast in Jeffrey City. When i walked into the restaurant and asked if they served breakfast none of the three people answered me. They all kept watching tv. So I asked if i could sit anywhere and again there was no answer so i just sat down. It was very weird but they did have pancakes. Possibly the worst movie i have ever seen was on tv in the restaurant. I think it was called Ghost Dad and it had Bill Cosby in it. All the other people in the restaurant were glued to the tv.
Anyway, after breakfast i caught up to two guys from Texas, both named Chris. They were going from Dallas to Canada and i rode with them most of the way and chatted. It was a really easy ride that was almost completely down hill. Along the way i ran into someone from MT and he gave me some good advise about where to stay in Lander where they had a camp with nice grass behind a hotel and you could shower and use their hot tub.
I made it the rest of the way to Lander without any problem. I think the total was around 80 miles but I have to check. I got there around 2:30 and found a Subway at the end of town for lunch. After lunch i went over to the hotel the guy recommended, set up camp, and went over to the hot tub. After about 40 minutes of relaxing The Chrises walked in. We met up back at the camp and headed over to the McDonald's for some food then the brewery fro some beers. After about 4 pitchers we went back to McDonald’s for the dollar menu then a grocery store for a six pack each. We finished the 6 packs, at least I did, over at the hot tub and i was definitely a little drunk by the end. The guys were all right, they were pretty smart but way out there politically and called themselves anarchists. But i would be leaving them tomorrow since they were staying in town to work on their bikes.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear the rides going well bud. Gotta love going to McD's twice in the same day. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete