Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 40 July 21st

Dubois to Jackson
Not sure what time it was when i started because my phone didnt have any service so couldnt get a signal to tell the time. All I could find for breakfast were some doughnuts so that is what i had to eat before I started my climb. The climb wasnt bad and i did most of it in second gear. When i was close to the top I had to stop and get a ride from a construction worker because WY law says you cant ride a bike thought construction or something like that. The driver was kind of a jerk and asked "Why would you ever want ot live in Pennsylvania?" so that killed any conversation but the ride was only 5 minutes so it wasnt a big deal. After a few more miles that were mostly down hill I ran into another construction area but this one was 7 miles long and i just missed the pilot car when i got there. So i had to wait 20 minutes for it to come back and i spent the time killing mosquitoes. This driver was a lot ncier and we talked for most of the way down. About 15 minutes after that I got my first glimpse of the Tetons on the way down. Right when I reached the base of the hill my back tire went flat. I tried to fix it but ran out of patches so i was kinda stuck. Luckily I was only a few miles outside of Jackson and I knew my family would be arriving soon. I had to wait about 90 minutes for them to get to me but the weather was great and there were no bugs where I was.
The hotel we were at was awesome and you could see the Tetons from our deck. We spent most of the day walking around Jackson checking out the shops and finally getting dinner at The Cadillac restaurant. Dad and I both got the buffalo burger which was pretty good. We spent the rest of the night at the room hanging out and having a few beers but tomorrow was going to start at 6am so we all went to bed early.



No comments:

Post a Comment