Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 12 May 23rd

Elkhorn City
I spent most of the day in the library trying to figure out how to get out of here. I finally found a taxi that could take me to Lexington but it was going to be pretty expensive so I figure I’m going to be eating only peanut butter for the next few days. That’s what I had for breakfast lunch and dinner today. I tried to see if the cops could give me a lift anywhere but they were no help. I went to the station 3 times and there was only someone there once. Since half the town is down at the reenactment you could probably loot the entire place.
They had a reenacted battle today but I missed it to stay in the library and try to figure everything out but there is one tomorrow and the library is closed so I’ll probably go just to kill some time. Their library actually has a Wii and an X-Box They fired a cannon tonight and I was able to get a good video of it and will try to post it later if I can figure it out.
There are about 30 civil war era tents in front of me and one is actually a covered wagon. Every person staying in the tents is dressed up too. I can’t imagine how hot it must get in all the wool they are wearing. Even the kids are dressed up. And there are at least 2 people here named Bubba.
Berea is only 40 miles from Lexington so losing my map wont be a problem. Making a route wont be nearly as bad as leaving DC since there wont be anything close to the amount of traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment