Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 15 May 26th

Berea to Bardstown 89 miles on trail but 120 since I got lost
I missed two turns today which added on a lot of extra miles. I missed the first turn because it was blown over by a tornado. An old man stopped me and told me about it and said how most bikers miss it and he turns them all around if he can. The second turn I missed because the street signs in this county are different. They are carved into posts and impossible to read if you are going past them. So I did 60 miles by lunch and was completely wiped by the time I stopped. I G-chatted with Ali at the library for a bit and she told me how one of Greg’s friends called her over the weekend and was hitting on her. He texted “you make me sweat.” I probably would have done the same thing if I were in Greg’s shoes.
There were at least 4 sun showers which were very welcome in the heat and even though you can’t really drink the water it helps with your thirst. There was a strong wind in my face for a while after lunch which really bothered me since my spirits were a little down from all the extra miles. Luckily the road is flattening out. There are still a lot of hills but they are much smaller and have a lower grade.
My feet are killing me though. My shoes were soaked from the heavy rain yesterday and they didn’t dry overnight so my feet were soggy all day and I’m paying for it now. I’m in a camp ground and just got another shower and was even able to shave. It took me 20 minutes to shave my face since it was so thick. I went to an all you can eat KFC buffet for dinner. I felt like I was going to throw up on the ride back because I was so full. Its supposed to thunderstorm tonight but I’m exhausted and hopefully I can sleep through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment