Saturday, May 23, 2009

Day 9 May 20th

Radford to Rural Retreat 57 miles
Sarah dropped me off at the bike shop in the morning after a few bowls of cereal for breakfast. I got my wheel fixed and my front bag is more secure. I left Radford at around 11 and didn’t really have a destination planned. It was pretty hilly and only managed 13 mph average for the day. The view was more of the same cow farms and mountains as the backdrop but I was sure to take pictures since it was pretty nice. The weather was perfect today. 70 degrees, sunny, and no wind. My arms got a little burn and I have to make sure I get some sun tan lotion for tomorrow. The burn stops where my gloves are so it’s like a watch tan but for my entire hand. I made it to Rural Retreat around 5 and decided to spend the night here since they had a library and a Subway for dinner. When I asked for directions to the library a man told me about how another cyclist was hit by a car on the road I had just come up and he had to be taken out helicopter. I spent a few hours today starting this blog and it’s going to force me to get to a computer more often but its relaxing and something to do when I’m alone. I don’t have a camp yet but I think I can hide behind a hill close to the Subway I’m at.

No comments:

Post a Comment